A skin care routine is not complete without an eye cream, so in my bid to utilize beneficial natural ingredients, I set about looking at products that would tick my boxes.Over years i never really cared about my dark circles, but lately i just realised that due to dark circles i was never looking fresh or glowing .
I have used many eye creams available in market but none of them work or very effective. But i really wanted to have an eye cream which can soothe, reduce under eye puffiness, eliminate those dreaded dark circles and to help fight the aging process through the years.
Yes, anti aging skin care with additional benefits has been the priority must have product for me.Before getting into remedy ,let us know what are the causes for Dark Circles.
Some of the main causes of dark circles under eyes include:
- Not removing your eye make up
- Aging – the skin loses its elasticity and dark circles may appear
- prolonged crying
- Lack of sleep
- Fluid retention – which causes puffiness
- Poor diet
- working for long hours in front of a computer
- too much of mobile usage
To over come this i started using a homemade cream.Now however, I have become more aware of the harmful ingredients commonly used in many brands and their side effects.The delicate skin around the eyes is far thinner than the skin anywhere else.
To make Homemade Eye Cream you will need:
- Coconut Oil
- Alovera Gel
- Vitamin E Capsules
- Small container
Method to prepare homemade eye cream:
Take a bowl and add two spoons of coconut oil,if the oil is in solid form then melt it using a stove or microwave it for 30 seconds. Then add half spoon of alovera gel, here i have used Patanjali(local brand) alovera gel. Finally pierce two vitamin E capusles and add to the above mixture in bowl. Mix well!!!! You can also use a toothpick to mix it.Pour this mixture into the small container which is cleaned nicely.Pop it in the fridge to solidify.That’s all and your eye ream is Ready…There is no need to keep it refrigerated; the oils will not go off. Try to keep the container out of direct heat and light.
How To Apply the Homemade eye cream :
- Cleanse the eye area, removing all traces of eye makeup, foundation, face powder or concealer.
- Take a small amount of eye cream onto your ring finger
- Apply lightly under the eye area, at the sides and over the eyelids and massage in circular motion for about 1-2 min on each eye.
- Start using this everyday and you will notice the difference in weeks time.
- This may be used morning and night if you wish.
- Budget friendly
- Can be made easily at home
- All the ingredients are easily available at home
- Chemical free
- Very effective
I guess there is no cons in making this cream, but try to make in small batches so that it feels fresh.
If you found this article useful please take a moment to tweet, like, or share this article.
Also, if you are feeling extra generous please leave some encouraging feedback in the comments section at the bottom of the page. I love getting feedback from visitors. It will encourage me to write more natural treatments that are cheap and effective!
Thanks for taking the time to read my website and I hope to see you here again soon!